District Rural Development Agency
Name and Address of the Organization / Department :
District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), 2nd Floor, Collectorate, Perambalur.
Head of the Organisation / Department, Contact Number and E-mail ID :
Project Director, District Rural Development Agency (DRDA), Perambalur.
Cell : 7373704220, Landline: (04328) – 225377, 225277, Email: email@example.com
- Rural development aims at improving rural people’s livelihoods in an equitable and sustainable manner, both socially and environmentally, through better access to assets (natural, physical, human, technological and social capital), and services, and control over productive capital that enable them to improve their livelihoods on a sustainable and equitable basis.
- The basic objectives of Rural Development Programmes have been alleviation of poverty and unemployment through creation of basic social and economic infrastructure, provision of training to rural unemployed youth and providing employment to marginal Farmers/Labourers to discourage seasonal and permanent migration to urban areas.
List of Ongoing Projects:
- Green House (17-18)
- PMAY (G) (17-18)
- MLACDS (17-18)
- MLACDS (17-18)
- MPLADS (17-18) MGNREGS (17-18)
- PMGSY-Phase II (17-18)
- NABARD (17-18)
- TNRRIS (17-18)
Awards & Achievements:
- Clean Village Campaign Award & cash award of Rs.5 lakh for each of the three village Panchayats i.e Pillangulam, Kurumbapalyam, Moongilpady.
- Massive tree plantation drive was carried out in Perambalur district. As many as 83,760 saplings of “ Vembu”, “Poovarasu” and “Pungai” tree were planted during the drive.
- 50,226 Individual Household Latrines were Built Under SBM (G)
- 15,857 Houses were built for rural downtrodden People under PMAY (G) & Greenhouse schemes