Name & Address of the Organization / Department :
Regional Joint Director, Animal Husbandry Department, Veterinary Dispensary campus, Opp. New bus stand, Perambalur – 621212.
Head of the Organisation / Department, Contact Number and E-mail ID :
Regional Joint Director, Animal Husbandry Department, Perambalur.
Cell : 9445001205 Email: email@example.com.
- Up gradation of local stock of cattle and buffaloes by Artificial Insemination using exotic and cross bred semen for cattle and Murrah semen for buffaloes.
- Conservation and propagation of indigenous breeds of livestock in their native tracts.
- Augmenting the production potentialities of livestock and poultry and thus increasing the production of milk, egg and meat.
- Providing necessary and timely modern veterinary assistance and health cover to the livestock and poultry.
- Ensuring livestock health by preventing major livestock diseases through vaccination.
- Implementing various Central and State Government schemes for the upliftment of economic status of rural poor.
- Protecting human health by detection and control of major zoonotic diseases of animals.
- Creating awareness among public about modern animal husbandry practices.
- Conducting training on basic and latest animal husbandry practices for farmers.
List of on-goning Projects / Schemes with Target groups / List of documents which are required for availing the schemes.
Scheme for poultry Development
The scheme for poultry development is executed by Tamilnadu Government in order to encourage the establishment of broiler farms. The broiler farms with 25% subsidy of Rs.268750/- in given by state government and 25% subsidy is provided by NABARD Bank from poultry venture capital fund. Rest of the 50% amount can be done by beneficiaries’ own fund or by receiving bank loan.
Farms should not be constructed in residential areas. Further sufficient land and road transportation facility must be available for constructing the farms.
Documents required: Patta chitta, Bank Account number, Adhaar card, ration card, Passport size photo
Livestock Insurance scheme
This scheme is executed so that if on insured cattle died due to disease or natural disaster a compensation amount of value equal to current market price of the cattle is given to the farmers. the premium for insurance of the cattle is subsidized by central government.
Document required: Adhaar card, ration card, Passport size photo
Scheme for free distribution of sheep & goat
For upliftment of poorest of the poor ladies this scheme was implemented in perambalur District. The structure of the scheme is giving 4 goat for each beneficiary including animal insurance, transport, shelter and training of beneficiary.
Only woman candidates are selected under this scheme. Destitute widows, women abandoned by husband differently abled, transgender are given preference over others.
Document required: Adhaar card, ration card, priority certificate, Passport size photo.
Rural Backyard poultry scheme
Eligible beneficiaries for this scheme are women below poverty line.
Destitute widows, women abandoned by husband differently abled, transgender are given preference over others.
Each beneficiary is distributed with 4 weeks old 20 vaccinated native chicks along with feeder and night shelter.
Document required: Adhaar card, ration card, Bank Account Pass book photocopy, Passport size photo