DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE
- Name and Address of the Organization
Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, perambalur 621212
- Head of the Organization, Department, Contact Number and E-mail ID
Deputy Director of health services ,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Structure
The Department of Public Health and Preventive Medicine is responsible for the implementation of various National and State Health Programmes. This Department also plans and implements measures to prevent the occurrence of communicable diseases thereby reducing the burden of morbidity mortality and disability in the state.
The activities undertaken by the department of public Health and Preventive Medicine are
- Provisions of primary health care services through Primary Health Centres
- Maternity and Child Health Services
- Immunization of children against vaccine preventable diseases,
- Prevention and Control of communicable diseases
- Prevention and control of Vector borne and Waterborne diseases
- Prevention and control of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV / AIDS.
- Control of Non Communicable Diseases such as Hypertension, Diabetes and Cancer
- Elimination of Leprosy and TB
- Implementation of Iodine deficiency disorder control programme
- Implementation of Tobacco Control programme
- Health check-up for 0-5 yeas children in the Anganwadi area of 6-18 years in Govt. & Govt. Aided schools.
- Birth and death registration monitoring
- Environmental sanitation
- Health education of the community
- List of ongoing projects /Schemes with Target groups / List of documents which are required for availing the scheme
Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam – MTM
Dr.Muthulakshmi Reddy Maternity Benefit Scheme and co branded/Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (PMMVY)
All pregnant women above 19 years of age and are of BPL status
Phone Number, aadhar of Mother and Husband, Proof for age, aadhar seeded Bank account. RCH number given by VHN or by self registration
Kannoli Kapom Thittam – KKT
To correct refractive error for students
Beneficiary: School Students from 6th std to 12th std of Govt. and Govt. aided schools will be screened and spectacles will be supplied to students with refractive error
Kalaignarin Varum Mun Kappom Thittam – KVKT
To conduct specialty Medical camps in remote village for early identification of vulnerable diseases through specialists from GH and Empanelled Hospitals.
Beneficiary: General Public of that village & near by villages
Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakaram – RBSK
Civil Registration System
To register all Births Deaths and Still Births and to ensure 100% registration
Benefit: All Birth and Death certificates can be downloaded free of cost from crstn.org web portal from 1.1.2018.